Thursday 6 August 2020

1 day in Barcelona - 4 exciting things you need to see and do

If you're just passing through Barcelona or only spending the day, my little travel guide is for you.





Here's four exciting things you need to see and do in the bustling city of Barcelona.


I still can't fathom that I've mentally checked off visiting Barcelona on my bucket list, my grandparents kindly gifted Billy and I the trip when we went over to Lloret De Mar for our jolly hols. The coach trip was two hours from our hotel in Lloret, but we were more than occupied with a good ole Spotify playlist and a packed lunch. If you're thinking about a holiday to Lloret De Mar, make sure to read this post.

La Sagrada Familia Church is a must visit, the architecture is simply stunning, and is yet to be finished. The mixture of traditional and contemporary work is breathtaking. Did you know construction started in 1882? It's not hard to see why it's the most visited monument in Spain.
You can find the 2020 ticket prices here





The streets of Barcelona are super busy (keep a close eye on your bags, I'd recommend wearing a bum bag for your valuables), so make sure to be extra cautious as you head to the La Boqueria market on La Rambla, where your mouths will water over stalls beaming with endless chocolate and rainbow displays of sweets.




Get lost in the magical Park Guell; a garden full of red roses, twisting pathways and architecture from Antonio Gaudi.
You can find ticket prices and opening times here



As evening strikes, I'd recommend making your way to the Magic Fountain to witness a glorious spectacle of water, colour and music. A romances' dream destination. Surrounded by an immense number of people, it still somehow feels peaceful and transports you into the movement of the water. Good news - the Magic Fountain shows are free to attend, so you don't need tickets! 



I do wish we had more time to explore. One day, Barcelona.

In Costa Brava and looking for things to do? Here's my 5 must visit places.

xoxo B
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Lovely post, I would skip The fountain as it doesn't happen every day and add the city art..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing post! Thank you for sharing! Love the fountain! I really want to go to Barcelona in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous post - love what you've chosen to highlight! Barcelona is on my to see list!

    ReplyDelete

© Life by Becky | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig