Monday 25 July 2016

INVITATION TO ITALY!

I've been so excited to write this post for you, but I've been so busy lately, I haven't had the chance to sit down at home, open up my laptop, and begin to type, and let's not forget to add with a cup of tea at the side of me. Obviously got to have a cuppa to get the brain flowing.


On the 11th July I managed to mentally check off something on my bucket list, I visited the beautiful city, Italy. My bestie recently moved over there, so we made pretty quick and spontaneous plans for me to come visit. I even travelled there and back on my own, which was definitely an accomplishment. I'm so excited to share with you my adventure through words and photos, it was an amazing experience.

So aside from the endless stresses of packing, travelling on my own, and realising my passport had run out a week before my trip (I know, could only happen to me right?). I finally managed to arrive safe and sound.

First stop? Pisa.

My flight had been delayed, which meant we got to Pisa later than expected, which limited the time we had there. We only stayed there for one night in an AirBnb, it wasn't great, and the room was scorching hot, so I couldn't sleep for hours, but it was an experience, as whenever I go on holiday I normally stop in hotels. We ventured a little into Pisa, which was quite daunting as it was getting dark and we had no idea where we were walking to. Eventually, we managed to find the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and trust me, I did try and create the standard photo pushing it over, but let's just say it didn't work out... We also stopped off at a restaurant and had pizza, to my surprise and ultimate disbelief I didn't really get on with the food in Italy, and big shocker, Italian food is my faaaave, hm.



Second stop? Florence. 

Oh Florence, you beauty. It was remarkable. A beautiful, vibrant place, bursting with tourists and local attractions. Again, we stayed in an AirBnb and this time it was stunning, it was my dream apartment for sure. I thoroughly enjoyed walking through Florence and taking in the sights. I was mesmerized by the Cathedral, it was utterly gorgeous, full of remarkable detail, and it was ginormous, but filled the area with beauty. The Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore was completed in 1434, and is the most important landmark in Florence, and is also the fourth largest Church in the world.









We also visited an art gallery which was free entry! Shannice and I had the time of our lives going round and interpreting the paintings, I'd never done anything like that before, but when in Italy, you must adapt to your surroundings, come out of your comfort zones, and try new things. I did love the Tortellini pasta however, and I may or may not have been converted to wine...I'm such a lightweight, but yet we drank vodka and wine for three days, and every morning we felt fab, no hangover, it was a miracle. I love Italy, it was like a whole new universe haha.


The next day was lovely, we went to a mini beach, which was basically some sand next to a river, but nonetheless it was lovely to sit down with an ice cold coke. We also visited a rose garden, not all the flowers were in bloom, but yet they were still so pretty, the sun was shining, and the end result was incredible...you climb so high up, and you have the most photo-worthy view, a panoramic view of Florence, every building is beautiful, it was hard to put my camera away.








In the evening, we would meet Shannice's boyfriend and have food and yes, more wine, wander round the city, or stay at the apartment and listen to Spotify. My search history is hilarious, twerk songs, to musicals, you name it, we listened and danced rather embarrassingly to everything. We went on a night out which was...eventful to say the least. Shannice gave me princess hair, brava gurll. And we also went to Sephora!! Exciting times, and tried out their face sheet masks, lip mask and nose pore strip...I was in my element.


The next day we decided to visit Viareggio, it was such a task getting there, I can't even explain how difficult the train station was...on a plus side I thought the trains were so interesting they had two floors, like a double decker, it was ace. Upon arrival, we had a traumatic experience in the station toilets, and then thought we were in a ghost town. Erm, we thought we were coming to the seaside? There was literally no sea in sight. But low and behold, we actually got somewhere once we'd started walking, and I'm so glad we did. Every single street we went down was beautiful. Pink and blue houses dotted the streets, with gorgeous fully bloomed flowers springing to action on the trees. Honestly, there were so many trees lined up next to each other down every road, I couldn't quite comprehend just how stunning it actually was. The sea was so violent in contrast, the temperature had dropped quite a bit, but I still loved the atmosphere, I love being beside the sea, it's one of my happy places. On the way back to the station (we got a little lost) we passed a forest and saw horses lined up, intrigued we walked a little further and realised there was a huge carnival in the woods. It was so magical, everything about Italy felt like a dreamworld. One of our favourite parts of this trip was definitely driving a rickshaw round the carnival, I've never laughed so much in my life, the paths we had to take were packed, full of people, other rickshaws and bikes, even cars. We had to divert onto the grass and make our own little route, we even found a little hill, and our 10 year old inner selfs got a little excited and we peddled so hard and fast so we'd fly down this hill, well, it wasn't even really a hill.




















Other beautiful landmarks we saw was the Santa Croce Church, the Michelangelo statue, and the Duomo Baptistery. Oh and whilst there Vanessa Hudgens and her boyfriend were there...and Marcus Butler. Literally felt like crying that we hadn't bumped into them. I told my mum about Marcus being there, she was like message him and ask where he is. Oh yeah, it's totally that simple haha.








I was so upset to leave, but I was glad the trip had gone by so slow. Honestly, time didn't even exist when I was there, I felt like I was in wonderland, but with no sign of a white rabbit with a ticking clock. So my adventure didn't fuse out as quick as I expected. It was however pouring down with rain, so our twenty minute walk to the station (me in a kimono, summer pants, crop top and sandals) wasn't exactly fun...but on the positive side, I'm glad it was nice and sunny the other days I was there. I was sad to say bye again to Shannice, I feel like all we do is constantly say goodbye to each other, play the sad music haha... and then I spent the coach trip to the airport worried I'd miss my flight, but I was fine, literally feel like such a badass after travelling on my own, kudos to me.

I had the best time, it was amazing to see Shannice, meet her boyfriend, and accept my invitation to Italy. It's been a dream of mine for years. I'd love to go back and visit Venice, Verona and Rome.


Where's your next destination? Have you ever been to Italy before?! Let me know in the comments below! XOXO B.
SHARE:

31 comments

  1. This looks like the most amazing trip!

    Xx
    Molly
    www.trendychickadee.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you lucky thing! I really want to go to Italy. I NEED to create a bucket list for 2017 and tick as many as possible off!!

    www.denajayne.co.uk

    xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah I know;) You really need to go, it's amazing! xx

      Delete
  3. your photos are so beautiful. Italy looks amazing and its somewhere that i really want to go to! i hope you had an amazing time:) xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you Em!!! YESSSS, you really need to go, it's so beautiful I can't even explain. Thank you so much!! xx

      Delete
  4. Amazing pictures, Italy is one of my favourite countries. I have actually been to Venice, Verona and Rome but to any of the places you mentioned in this post, I would absolutely love to visit Florence, that has been on my list since forever. Viareggio looks like a wonderful place too and the seaside is my happy place, too, the sea always calms me down. I have never stayed at an airbnb but I really want to try it and your description of the first night made me laugh, I also tell myself that it was an 'experience' if something goes really wrong haha. xx

    113-things-to-say.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mira! And ah you lucky thing, I'm so jealous!! Florence and then the seaside was just beautiful! Yessss, that's a positive way to look at things that go wrong isn't it hahaha, thanks for the lovely comment chick xxx

      Delete
  5. Italy is my number one place to go! This is amazing!
    Amy xx
    amyrosexoxo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can imagine messaging Marcus and asking him "where you at bro?", haha! Wish that things were so simple... Anyways, your trip sounds amazing! I am happy to hear that you had an amazing time there and ticked something off your bucket list, it's always exciting :) I'd love to visit Italy one day, it sounds like a dream country. Your photos look beautiful and now I really want to visit it soo, haha :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHAHA, imagine if I did and he actually replied, that would be my dream!! Thank you so much Leta!! That means a lot. And yes please go and visit one day you won't regret it!! xxx

      Delete
  7. This photo diary is so cute!! I love the pictures - the pastel buildings and florals!! Really nice you got to see your friend and have a little adventure <3 xxx

    Y x | www.thesweetsevenfive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sooooo much Yasmin, means a lot!!! :) xxxx

      Delete
  8. I would love to go to Italy one day! Your hair looks amazing in that pic... definitely princess hair!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Been Italy once as a child so don't remember it much. We're actually planning to go Sardinia in October, so looking forward to that. But would love to do a few weeks over there and go around to all the different beautiful cities. Everything always looks so pretty. Love your photos and glad you managed to get your passport sorted in time.

    Love Hannah xx

    www.HannahHawes.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh I've never heard of Sardinia, I've just googled it and it looks absolutely beautiful, I hope you have the BEST time!! Thanks so much for a lovely comment as always Hannah! xxxx

      Delete
  10. I've always wanted to visit Italy, hopefully I'll get a chance one day. I even learnt Italian in primary school but I can't remember anything haha! Such beautiful buildings and the weather looks so lovely and warm!

    Sally - DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get a chance to go too, it's stunning! Oh wow, I wish my school taught us Italian!!! The buildings are simply beautiful, it was unreal! Xx

      Delete
  11. Looks like you had an amazing time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. So many great photos!! I've always wanted to visit Italy, but I've actually never been abroad before. It does look like such a fun and warm place to go to. You did so many great things and I'm jealous you went to Sephora!!!!xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren!! And muahaha, Sephora was amazing to say the least!! xx

      Delete
  13. I have been to Italy 5 times because it is such a beautiful place <3 I f I have to go again I would gladly go :) Luv ur post and your blog too xxx

    TastyLicious - tastylicious101.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow!! I hope I get to visit Italy more!! Thank you so much, that's so nice of you!! xxx

      Delete
  14. My mum was raised in italy and I can Agree it is absolutly beautiful. Great Pictures by the way. x

    thatsiaaa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Becky,

    I just wanted to touch base and see if you got my last e-mail?! I know you said your hotmail wasn't working...

    Please shoot me an e-mail when you get a chance :-)

    Best,

    Polly
    Polly@skinnypop.com

    PS AWESOME post!!

    ReplyDelete

© Life by Becky | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig