Wednesday 16 September 2015

COME READ WITH ME | ZEROES!



Every power has a price!




Ah so again I was given the amazing opportunity to review the book 'Zeroes', I was so interested in the blurb that I had to get my hands on it!

Don't worry I'll share the blurb with you, so you can be intrigued like I was: 
They might call themselves Zeroes, but these six former-friends have powers that set them apart from the ordinary. 
Take Ethan, a.k.a Scam. He's got a voice inside him that'll say whatever you want to hear, whether it's true or not. Which is handy, except when it isn't- like when the voice starts talking in the middle of a bank robbery and gets you into a whole heap of trouble. 
Only the other Zeroes can help... if they agree to come back together to save Scam. But what if there was someone else that could help too? Perhaps there's a new Zero on the block?

The book has three authors, Scott Westerfeld, Margo Lanagan and Deborah Biancotti, which is always interesting as then there are different writing styles, which definitely made this book exciting to read! 

I think more than anything I fell in love with the characters, and their stories, but more importantly their friendship. I envy them, like seriously how amazing would it be to have a superpower? 

There was a lot of tension and suspense running through this book which I enjoyed thoroughly (if you know me you know I love these themes), towards the end of the book I was literally holding my breath...no spoilers don't worry.

I thought I would tell you a bit about the characters, as I really connected to them, and related to a few, of course not in the superhero sense of things, but in their personality and traits. 

Ethan/Scam: He's the one who has the voice inside him, I thought this was a cool superpower at first, after reading the book...er I have a different opinion! I think I liked his character the most, I'm not sure why I just enjoyed reading about him and how his voice got him out of trouble but also in trouble. 
Nate/Bellwether: He's the leader of the group, and he's insanely rich. Like he has a cinema in his house, slightly envious? I pictured him ass someone with great style, a man bun and an expensive watch around his wrist, not sure why, I like to picture characters as I've said previously, it's one of the most exciting aspects of reading for me! His superpower? The power of persuasion, I think... it was slightly hard to get to grips on his power. 
Riley/Flicker: I really liked her character! I found her superpower awesome and unique, she could see through other people's eyes and so see their viewpoints, as she is blind this is how she can still use the sense of sight, which I found a lovely power to have! 
Chizara/Crash: I love her name! I didn't find her power that interesting at first, she crashes all things technological, and me being an internet fanatic I was like Oh hell no! I liked her at the end of the book, though!
Thibault/Anonymous: I really liked this character, his power is that people forget him instantly, which made his chapters emotional as not even his family can remember him. I related to him in the sense of feeling alone and unnoticed, I think he was a great character, very genuine and I liked the relationship he found himself in. 
Kelsie/Mob: At the beginning she isn't a part of the 'Zeroes', she's a criminals daughter, but I actually loved her character! She controls crowds, by making them feel certain emotions, she can make people feel calm, anxious, full of rage etc. 

I love reading books about a teenage group of friends, obviously these weren't your average teens (hence the superpowers), but I knew I would enjoy this book when I first heard about it!

I like adventure and action themes in novels, so Zeroes was a very exciting read, it was full of gangsters, drugs, drug money, guns, bank robbers, super powers and explosions. All the characters have their own POV which I loved, and for me it made the book more interesting as you are able to connect with each character individually and get a better insight into their lives and their powers. 

It was a very easy read, it didn't take me long to finish it (around a day and a half), and all in all I enjoyed it, I would definitely recommend it to people who like action, adventure and superheroes, and to people who like themes of friendship, romance and suspense! 



You can buy the book here: 
Amazon.co.uk: http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1481443364/ref=x_gr_w_bb?ie=UTF8&tag=x_gr_w_bb_uk-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738

Amazon.com: http://www.amazon.com/Zeroes-Scott-Westerfeld/dp/1481443364/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1442345008&sr=1-1&keywords=zeroesBarnes & Noble: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/zeroes-scott-westerfeld/1121190964?ean=9781481443364&cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-PwUJvmDcu1U-_-10:1iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/book/zeroes/id965587452?mt=11

Would you be interested in reading this book? Let me know in the comments! XOXO B. 
SHARE:

35 comments

  1. this book looks so so good, i'm a massive book fan so I'm definitely adding this to my list! Also i'm a huge fan of Scott Westerfeld!

    http://www.taintedblues.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is soo good!! And haha same I'm a bookworm:) what other books have you read by him? As I'm deffo gonna read more of his work!! xx

      Delete
  2. Looks great! Nice post♥♥
    chocolateandsunset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hearing about new books! Thanks for the review. Looks like one to add to my list! Happy Wednesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a HUGE book lover and this one definitely looks interesting, thanks for sharing it with us! XO -Kim
    www.thethirtysomethinglife.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, sounds so interesting! I would really read this one as I am a sucker for books based with superpowers and fantasy :)

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely a book I would like to give a read. I really like books about groups of teenagers as well. I also really like that their superpowers aren't the standard ones that most books and movie's use - they're so original!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love books, this sounds so interesting!

    http://lxdia.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved this post! I enjoy reading your blog so much and always look forward to your latest posts! I see a lot of myself in you and feel like you would of been one of my closet friends if we'd been at school together, haha!

    lushivity.blogspot.co.uk xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww thank you so much that's the nicest thing ever!!! I love your blog, (I love your header!), we should talk more, do you have Google hangouts? xx

      Delete
    2. Aw thank you hun! No I'm afraid I don't even know what Google hangouts is haha! I have instagram but thats about it! Xxx

      Delete
  9. I love books like this! Sophie McKenzie has written similar books called The Medusa Project which I really loved!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Samee!!! And oooh, I'll definitely look into that!! xxxx

      Delete
  10. This book looks very interesting, will definitely check it out!

    www.selftimers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved the Ugly series by Scott Westerfield and this looks really interesting - great review xo

    Emily | emsalice.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that series out! And thank you!! xo

      Delete
  12. Looks great. I will have to try it!

    -Lily from www.withlovelilyrose.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post

    http://carrieslifestyle.com
    Posts online about Dubai, Tuscany, Tahiti...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Its the school holidays right now in Australia definitely got to pick up this book ASAP! x

    http://speckleoflisa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this sort of book, who wouldn't want a superhero power? (Even if they do all tend to end up leading to trouble!!) Thanks for recommending it I'll have to check it out x

    Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
  16. I remember reading Uglies by Scott Westerfield a couple of years back and it was really good! You should give that a shot too, it's really interesting to read about societies ideological views of beauty etc xx

    http://lifeaccordingtolili.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I realllly need to read that, deffo on my shopping list thank you! :) xxxx

      Delete
  17. I love this you're making me want to read right now lol and that last pic is so cute xx

    https://lifeofnabs.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

© Life by Becky | All rights reserved.
Blogger Template Created by pipdig